* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
3/5December 07, 2007
Reviewer: A customer in Canada
* Don't buy this product IF you have NORMAL thyroid hormone levels or if you are HYPER-THYROID (meaning that your thyroid produces too much T3, T4 or both). It has a fair bit of iodine. The Thyroid needs little iodine which is sufficient in the North American diet. Too much iodine can block your thyroid if you're getting enough from your diet.
However it might be useful if you are HYPO-THYROID.
* Great product to use for anyone that has a low functioning Thyroid -supportive formula. Have used the forumla, along with Guggul, to support my underfunctioning Thyroid. Also, had 2 dogs that were Hypothyroid. Was able to use this combo only for several years with great results, oldest eventually did not produce enough hormone on his own and had to go on prescription Soloxine. Initially discontinued herbs, concerned about conflict with meds. He started losing all his hair again (Guggul is great for hair regrowth if loss is thyroid related), took him to alternative Vet who said add herbs back. His Thyroid hormones counts AND quality of life were good until he died of other causes.
* I must say that NOW is fast becoming my first choice in supplement companies. I dared, at the suggestion of my husband, to stop taking the thyroid medication which I had been on for many years in favor of Now Thyroid Energy.
I was nervous at first but not any more. I have suffered from hereditary thinning hair for a long time (my grandmother is almost bald) and every single woman in my family suffers from hypothyroidism. My thinking is clearer now and my hair is so much thicker; after taking this product for three or four months. I did suggest to my son that I might start taking guggul next month as well and he promptly expressed concern that another supplement which counteracts hair loss might cause his mother to grow a full beard!
* I've been taking this product for about a month now, just one capsule twice a day instead of the suggested dose of two twice a day. It really seems to have helped me with my energy levels. I've also noticed a dramatic reduction in my anxiety levels. It works so much better for me than prescription Synthroid did. Although I can't claim that Thyroid Support has helped me lose weight (I haven't really been trying), it just feels so good to have my energy back! I'm still not up to full speed, but I'm going to continue taking this Thyroid Support and see if the improvement continues. I plan to eventually work my way up to the full daily dosage.
* I did submit a review a few months ago which I have to amend.
I felt so good when I began to use this product that I took myself off my thyroid medication. While I still have very decent energy levels, a doctor visit a couple of weeks ago revealed that my thyroid had pretty much stopped working!
I would recommend this product to anyone still because of the ingredients but would advise them to stay medicated.