* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5July 21, 2017
Reviewer: Gail in New Mexico
* I am adding to my previous comment. I have been indulging by putting this frosting on low carb cookies and am still losing weight. I had heard coconut oil helps in losing weight, so I assume this is what's happening. It's really hard for me to lose, and I have a roaring sweet tooth, so this is great for me.
* I'm totally addicted to these, both flavors are amazing!. The chocolate has fewer carbs, so i buy it way more often. I make a low carb cake and use this frosting every other week. No sugar alcohols!!!! That makes it worth every penny for me. I think it actually tastes better than regular frosting in a can with sugar.
* I've only tried the chocolate so far, and back to buy lots more! I can't believe this isn't the regular store bought frosting, I think it tastes better. I frosted a yellow cake with it and had a hard time not going back for more. No sugar alcohols and only 1 gram of fiber...I don't know how it's possible, but I'm very glad it is. Best thing since Halo Top Ice Cream!
This review is specific to Organic Frosting with Coconut Oil, Chocolate
* I have tried both the vanilla and chocolate flavor, and both are great. I usually prefer chocolate to vanilla, but this vanilla frosting is superb. This obviously has more carbs than the Dixie Diner frosting, but if you can spare the carbs for the day, or are just looking for a healthier option than traditional store bought frosting, than this is the product for you. I have only had the Dixie vanilla frosting so I don't know how the chocolate stands up, but I prefer the taste of this. It is sweet and satisfying, without being overbearing or tasting fake. Be forewarned in the chocolate frosting I had a few clumps of what I am assuming was the organic palm shortening or coconut oil that had solidified at the top. I have had this happen with multiple containers of the Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Frosting (not low carb, but organic and non GMO). All you have to do is stir up the frosting and the problem is solved. Stirring it makes the frosting creamier, so it is a recommended step anyway. Both flavors were light and creamy and very easy to spread.